Environmental Impacts Assessment Commission
On January 27, 2012, in the head-office of the Greens Movement of Georgia/Friends of the Earth-Georgia was held a presentation of recently founded independent “Environmental Impacts Assessment Commission” and the Greens Movement of Georgia is one of the founder of above described commission.
The goal of commission is to promote the following activities in the territory of Georgia:
- Environmental impacts assessment;
- environmental impacts strategic assessment;
- Promote the procedures of social and transboundary assessments;
- Implement public environmental monitoring;
- Carry out independent social expertise and
- Prepare independent social conclusion;
Independent Commission for Environmental Impact Assessment has experts’ registry, which represents an informational basis about professional and personal data of independent experts. Registry is maintained by the Executive Director of the Commission. All information contained in the registry, excluding personal data about experts, is public.